***3/19/20 LETTER FROM OUR FOUNDERS***
Dear Pet Parents,
We are contacting you today to share some temporary but important changes to the Pack Leaders Rescue of CT adoption process that we hope will alleviate some of the anxiety that has come with making an adoption decision during this uncertain time.
First and foremost, the health, safety, and well-being of our volunteers, pet parents and families is our number one priority. At the top of our list of preventative measures, are reinforcing proper and frequent hand washing, and requiring volunteers to stay home if they are feeling ill or uncomfortable. While we are always diligent when it comes to cleaning, disinfecting, and workplace safety, we have implemented additional processes suggested by the CDC.
Our primary mission is to save dogs and cats in need. We clearly understand that suspending our adoption services would result in hundreds of animals losing their lives. Therefore, after thorough consideration we believe we can help avoid this outcome, while understanding that today’s environment requires us to temporarily change the way we do things.
For this reason, we have made the decision to temporarily change our adoption process to the following:
1. PetSmart Adoption events will be suspended following this Friday’s (3/20/2020) modified event.
2. Beginning 3/27/2020 our adoption coordinators will notify expecting adopters the time and the safe pick up location of their new arrival. The pickup will occur at an outdoor location and with individual pick up times.
3. All adoptable out of state dogs will have all adoption paperwork (Application, Contract, Insurance Acknowledgment, etc.) fully completed digitally on our website (packleadersrescue.com) before the dog is transported to Connecticut.
4. Payment of all adoptable out of state dogs will need to be paid in full prior to transport.
5. A transport team member will assist adopters at the pickup location but will have limited knowledge of your new pet. So please direct all questions to your adoption coordinator prior to dogs’ transport date. Many of you have already corresponded with the foster families.
6. Local adoptable dogs will be adopted by appointment only. The meet and greet will be conducted at our facility in East Hartford. Email us to set up an appointment.
We are saddened not to have the opportunity to host you and your family at PetSmart as is our standard meet and greet process with your new arrival. We are very excited to have found a safe way to bring you together with your new family member.
We are honored that you are joining our Pack Leaders Rescue of CT family. We sincerely thank you for your patience and understanding as we navigate these unprecedented circumstances.
Americo & Tori Cateni, Co-Founders
Pack Leaders Rescue of CT