We are thrilled you’ve decided to adopt and save a life. Each year approximately 2.7 million dogs and cats are euthanized in shelters. Adopting a rescued animal means that you are providing a forever home. If your entire family agrees with this decision, please follow our process below.
Adoption Fees (tax deductible)
***PLEASE NOTE AN ADDITIONAL $15 FEE FOR USE OF CREDIT CARD OR PAYPAL***
- Dogs and cats are evaluated, vetted, and posted on our partner sites for viewing.
- Potential adopter fills out an application on our website and receives an email within 24 hours.
- Potential adopter selects the animal they are applying for and our rescue confirms if they are a potential match. An adoption coordinator may request a $50 refundable deposit to hold the animal so that potential adopter can meet the animal before an open adoption event.
- Potential adopter meets the animal in person and decides if they would like to finalize the adoption.
- Application approval by PLR for matched animal. References are checked and home visits determined on a case by case basis.
- Final paperwork including signed contract, expectations, and insurance.
- Receive medical paperwork and copies of adoption paperwork.
- Pay tax deductible adoption fee by credit card, Paypal, cash, or check. Additional $15 fee for credit card or Paypal.
- Take your new family member home!
- One month of free health insurance activated within first 5 days after adoption.
- Continued correspondence.
- Training as needed.